Forgot?

VIRTUEMART COMPATIBILITY

Reply Topic
Link to this post 25 Nov 11

Hi there!
I want to purchase Ninja IE De-Griefer to get rid of my IE incompatibility.
http://www.jabtexkzn.co.za
Joomla 1.5
Virtuemart 1.1

I am having viewing issues on the registration form - not showing certain required fields in Internet Explorer certain versions.

My question before I purchase the IE De-Grefer is will it interfere with other functionalities of Virtuemart? I have had such a difficult time developing this site and would hate to jeopordize my hours spent already.

I put up notices all over site instructing clients to run compatibility view but this is silly as clients do not read!!!

Please as this issue is urgent - please would you take the time to respond..

Kind regards
Elmarie

Link to this post 28 Nov 11

Hi Elmarie,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Ninja IE-Degriefer doesn't actually fix anything in IE. All it does is give you the opportunity to hide -modules- from IE if they look bad in IE.

It can't work in a registration form as that is not a module.

By the way, what exactly is the problem with your form in IE? Could you show me what it looks like with a screenshot?

Cheers,
Mark

Link to this post 29 Nov 11

Hi Mark!

Thanks for the reply! My problem is that is certain versions of IE the registration form only displays every second field thus resulting in some required fields not showing and then people cannot complete the form to register.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as I have spent hours on the forums looking for a solution to this..

Have a great day!!
Elmarie

Hi Elmarie,

There is a very small chance I might be able to help, but please provide more information if you want me to. What version(s) of IE have the problem?

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark!

If there is a chance please I'd be grateful! IE 9 and IE 8 has the problem I seem to recall IE6 being ok.

www.jabtexkzn.co.za
Joomla 1.5
Virtuemart 1.1.9

Please let me know how much you will charge if you are able to help!!

Thanks a lot
Elmarie

Hi Elmarie,

Please send a super admin username and password to support @ ninjaforge.com.

There will be no charge, but I won't do it if I can't fix the issue in under 10 minutes.

Cheers,
Mark

Link to this post 02 Dec 11

Hi Elmarie,

This should be fixed now. It was the worst IE bug I've ever encountered and it took me four hours to pinpoint and fix the issue.

Have a good weekend :)

Cheers,
Mark

O Mark!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

So sorry that it took you 4 hours Can I do something for you for this?? I know how valuable time is......

What exactly and where was the bug? Is it something that just happens or can I do anything to prevent???

Very grateful!! You have made my year!!!
Elmarie

Hi Elmarie,

Glad to help :)

I still don't understand the issue fully, and don't have the time needed to find -why- it happens. You will likely never see the issue again... ever.

If you look around line 12 of this file, you will see I have commented out the letter-spacing CSS:
http://www.jabtexkzn.co.za/templates/jabtexfrontpage/css/template.css

Remove the /* */ comments around it and the issue will return.

Don't ask me why it happens, just be glad the issue is done with :)

Cheers,
Mark

Wow - Thank you again!

Have a great Christmas and New Year!
Elmarie

You're welcome.
Likewise :)
M

Home Forum General Pre-sales Questions VIRTUEMART COMPATIBILITY