- Why don't my changes to permissions show on the frontend?
There can be a number of reasons that permissions appear not to be working on the frontend. Please check the following:
- That you have selected the correct usergroup in the permission set.
- That the permission set is published (unpublished permissions will not work).
- That you do not have permission overrides in the menu item.
- That you do not have more than one permission set for the usergroup.
- That you are not logged in as a ‘Super Administrator’, this usergroup cannot be restricted.
- Does Ninja Content have a Content Versioning (Revisions) feature?
Early versions of Ninja Content did indeed have revisions, but this was removed in version 1.5.
Revisions may make a comeback in future versions of Ninja Content, but there are no immediate plans to re-implement the feature.
If you need versioning, you can use Simple Content Versioning, which works well with Ninja Content.
- Can I manage modules and menus with Ninja Content?
Unfortunately not; Ninja Content only allows you to manage your Joomla articles.
- Can I customize the article submission settings per user?
Ninja Content doesn't allow you to assign permissions and settings to individual users, so this is not possible to do "out of the box". However, there is a workaround that might work for you.
Ninja Content only allows you to assign settings/permissions to User Groups, so the workaround is to create a new group for each user and give that the group the custom settings/permissions you want the user to have.
To do that, you need to use an extension that allows you to create groups. We've gotten feedback suggesting that the following extensions work fine with Ninja Content, but other User Group extensions may also do the job.
- When installing Ninja Content the installation hangs on 'Please wait, checking for additional packages...'
- Jomsocial System plugin
Please temporarily unpublish the system plugin and try the installation again. When the installation has completed you can re-publish the system plugin.
If you are not using any of the above extensions, or this solution does not resolve the problem, please post in our forums for help.