Ninja Simple Icon Menu will help you quickly set up a menu system that simply uses icons. This module is about as simple as it gets to set up.
NOTE: The package for Joomla 1.5 is attached to this forum thread.
Ninja Simple Icon Menu is quite straightforward to set up
- install the module
- Choose the icon's to use
- Set the link
ChangelogVersion: 1.9.0 Date: 30th October, 2012 State: Feature release
- Added support for Joomla 3.0
- Removed support for Joomla 1.5
Version: 1.8.3 Date: September, 2011 State: Bug Fix Release
- Minor CSS fix for lits items and links
Version: 1.8.2 Date: August, 2011 State: Bug Fix Release
- Fixed CSS list-style issue (browser/template icons showing behind images)
- Tested and marked compatible with Joomla 1.7
Version: 1.8.1 Date: March, 2011 State: Bug Fix Release
- Fixed double forward slash issue, failing to load css file.
Version: 1.8.0 Date: February, 2011 State: Upgrade Release
- Joomla! 1.6 Support.
- Moved assets to media folder
Version: 1.7.4 Date: October, 2010 State: Bug Fix
- Minor fix to the title tooltips.
Version: 1.7.3 Date: October, 2010 State: Bug Fix
- Added fallbacks to alt text in case no title text is entered.
Version: 1.7.1 Date: September, 2010 State: Bug Fix
- Fixed a jFolder path bug.
Version: 1.7.0 Date: September, 2010 State: New Features
- Added new style (Icons below titles in the horizontal orientation)
Version: 1.6.0 State: New Features
- New Style: vertical with icons to the left of the titles.
- New Style: vertical with icons to the right of the titles.
- Added support for 10 more icons (Now supports 20 icons in total)