Forgot?

How to render modules in RSS

Reply Topic
Link to this post 05 Jun 14

I have Ninja RSS up and running - works great.

My only problem is that I have coded some modules into my articles using the {moduleposition} tag.
Unfortunaley these positions show up in my RSS feeds as greyish squares with the moduleposition tag instead of rendering the modules.

How can I make the component render these modules?

You may see the problem here

Link to this post 13 Jun 14

Hi PouIT,

Joomla RSS feeds (either with the core Joomla system, or with Ninja RSS Syndicator) cannot run plugins.

This means there is just no way to run the moduleposition plugin. If the plugin can't run, it can't process and render your modules.

Unfortunately there is just no way around this.

If you really don't like the {moduleposition} tags, we have a NRSS Strip Tags Plugin that will strip those tags out of your feed, leaving it a little cleaner.

Link to this post 14 Jun 14

Hi Mark.

I see. Nothing to do about it, unfortunately.

I'll have to see if I can come up with a solution without module positions. If not, I'll check out the NRSS Strip Tags plugin.

/Poul

Link to this post 14 Jun 14

By the way:

I just wanted to check out NRSS Strip Plugin Tags, but it is not in your extension list.

After some Google searching and trying linkt that led to a 404 page ("this page has been removed"), I finally found the NRSS Strip Plugin Tags page.

Is it an error that the page is not listed or ......... ?

/Poul

Link to this post 16 Jun 14

Hi Poul,

Sorry about the delay in responding. For some reason I didn't receive the notification email from here saying that you had posted.

Anyway, we've been spring-cleaning and are in the process of removing extensions we no longer support.

The page may have been delisted during that process. I'm not sure if it was accidental.

In any case, the page is here: http://ninjaforge.com/extensions/nrss-strip-plugin-tags

What version of Joomla are you running?

Link to this post 16 Jun 14

I'm on J 2.5, so it ought to work for me.

Link to this post 17 Jun 14

Well give it a try and let me know how it goes.

You'll get a refund if you face a problem with it that we can't fix for you.

Mark

Forums Ninja RSS Syndicator How to render modules in RSS