Forgot?

Ninja RSS for Joomla 3 - install zip attached

Reply Topic
Link to this post 05 Jun 14

Hi there,

I've been using the Ninja RSS Syndicator component for years - both 1.5 and 2.5 - and its been incredibly useful, working flawlessly for what it was designed to do. So thank you!

More recently, I've been trying to follow the instructions to set up Ninja RSS of Joomla 3 (in my case Joomla 3.3.0). Whilst there isn't yet a formal release, I followed this thread to find the Github repository and created an install file from the folders as instructed.
http://ninjaforge.com/component/ninjaboard/topic/26368-j30-compatible-version

The component installed without problems and it seems that all of the functionality to make a feed from a category was as it should be. However, the output has issues, and fails to show any of the items inside the feed envelope (or sometimes it shows just one, even though there are many). With error reporting turned on, I get this in my feed output

<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$msg_sectcat in <b>/home/myserver/public_html/components/com_ninjarsssyndicator/views/ninjarsssyndicator/view.raw.php</b> on line <b>51</b><br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- generator="FeedCreator 1.8.0-dev (info@mypapit.net)" -->
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">

Some issue with msg_sectcat it seems, though I'm not sure if this is the cause of my items not showing?

I've attached the zip file for anyone else to try it, but just to confirm, this is not an official release!

Is there something I'm missing, or is there a fix that anyone knows of? It would certainly be really great to get Ninja RSS fully compatible with Joomla 3!

Thanks,
Allister

You don't have access to view the attachments in this post.
Link to this post 03 Jan 15

I have the same error - any solution anyone!!??

Link to this post 05 Nov 17

Unsubscribing.

Forums Ninja RSS Syndicator Ninja RSS for Joomla 3 - install zip attached