Forgot?

Can the menu be responsive?

Reply Topic
Link to this post 07 May 13

Hi!

I am very new to web design. I came across your module and love it! I have uploaded it onto a yootheme Pac template. However, I have two issues.

1. The Pace template has a decent vertical responsive menu built into it. But I like yours much better visually. When you navigate on the website on an iPhone or iPad, the original Pace menu is responsive and changes from icons to a drop down and works well. I lose this with the ninja module it seems. Any thoughts?

2. That leads me to my second issue. I cannot place the ninja module in the "menu" position. When I do, it disappears and is invisible until you hover over a certain spot, then it appears, but basically in the center of the page and not in the menu position. And it's still not responsive. If I place it in the top A horizontal position, it looks beautiful, but I have the responsive issue I mentioned above.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Alec

Link to this post 15 May 13

Hi Alec,

This just isn't possible with Ninja Simple Icon Menu. We may work on adding that feature at some point in the future, but I can't say for sure when.

Link to this post 11 Sep 15

What I have done in the past is to use both the joomla menu and the Simple Icons module but hide the joomla menu from the desktop and vice versa with the Simple Icons module and mobile views. This is assuming you are using a bootstrap template. To get the same efect on the mobile, I use the same icons from Simple Icon in the Joomla menu.

Forums Ninja Simple Icon Menu Can the menu be responsive?