Forgot?

Importing phpBB3 contents into NinjaBoard

Reply Topic
Link to this post 26 Mar 13

Hi,

I'v just read this topic. Would you say that importing the contents and users of a phpBB3 forum would be possible with NinjaBoard, given the details below? I don't mind if I need to do some work in PhpMyAdmin or other tools like this, as long as you can give me directions.

Details:

phpBB3 version 3.0.4
There are about 1,300 topics with 4,500 posts and 1,600 attachment files.
There are about 300 registered users which of course should integrate with Joomla user administration.

The Joomla site is Joomla 2.5.9. At present we use a jFusion brigde for integration of the users of phpBB3. Also, we use Community Builder (version 1.9) on this site. This combination of user integrations is causing some troubles from time to time, after which we need to run repair scripts from CB or jFusion.

Kind regards,
Frits

Link to this post 27 Mar 13

Hi Frits,

Thanks for considering Ninjaboard for your project.

At this point however, I can't recommend you use Ninjaboard. Ninjaboard for Joomla 2.5 is quite unstable, and development has stalled. You are sure to run into issues, and we won't be able to help you with them.

I recommend you use Kunena instead, though I'm not sure if there is a phpBB converter for Kunena.

I know all too well the headaches caused by running bridged phpBB, and you're making a good decision to switch to a Joomla native forum. Sadly, I can't recommend Ninjaboard for J2.5+ at this point.

Kind regards,
Mark

Forums NinjaBoard Importing phpBB3 contents into NinjaBoard