Forgot?

J3.0 compatible version

Reply Topic
Link to this post 17 Mar 13

Dear Mark;

When are you going to launch the next version of Ninja RSS Syndicator that is compatible with Joomla 3.0?

Best regards.

Link to this post 18 Mar 13

I'm sorry, I don't know.

Please try the attached version.

You don't have access to view the attachments in this post.
Link to this post 18 Mar 13

Thank you Mark.

It seems as if it is going to work..When I click the link at Feeds tab, it works.
But, there is no button on my frontpage.

My website:
kolay yemek tarifi

Best regards.

Link to this post 19 Mar 13

Hi kolaylezzet,

Did you put a button on your home page?

Ninja RSS Syndicator creates a feed. It doesn't put anything on your website pages.

Create your own button on the frontpage or wherever you want, and use the link on the feeds page for it.

Or you can try the Ninja RSS Syndicator module, although I'm not sure if it will work on J3.0

You can get it from the Ninja RSS Syndicator page on our website, under the addons tab.

Thanks Mark.
I solved to the problem by linking it to a social bookmark module as can be seen at the bottom of my page http://www.kolaylezzet.com
But in order to help you to develop this component I want to inform you about error messages.

First of all your module is not compatible with J3.0 and converts my home page to an error message list consisting of the following text:

Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in modules/mod_ninja_rss_syndicator/mod_ninja_rss_syndicator.php on line 15 Warning: require_oncemodules/mod_ninja_rss_syndicatorDShelper.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /modules/mod_ninja_rss_syndicator/mod_ninja_rss_syndicator.php on line 15 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'modules/mod_ninja_rss_syndicatorDShelper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in modules/mod_ninja_rss_syndicator/mod_ninja_rss_syndicator.php on line 15

Secondly, although (I assume) it doesnt harm anything, When I try to adjust a feed following error message appears on the top.

Notice: Undefined variable: feed in  components/com_ninjarsssyndicator/views/feed/view.html.php on line 164 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object 
components/com_ninjarsssyndicator/views/feed/view.html.php on line 164 which is I think the line
$text = $isNew ? 'New feed':'Change feed: '. $feed->feed_name;

Best regards.

Hi kolaylezzet,

I'm glad you found a solution :)

Thanks for the error reports.

Mark

Link to this post 13 Jun 13

Hi Mark,

I don't think that kolaylezzet found a solution.
When do you plan to update the extension to version 3.x?
It's really the only and best plugin to feed articel to rss :-)

Best regards,
Michael

Link to this post 07 Jul 13

Hi,

I've installed your alpha version on J! 3.1.1 but get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentRaw::getHeadData() in /public_html/plugins/system/easyfrontendseo/easyfrontendseo.php on line 132

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for your time.

Link to this post 26 Jul 13

Hello,

I installed alpha version to 3.1.1 version. I fixed a bug, this ok. I upgraded my joomla at today to 3.1.4, but I get error on rss link: "500 - Layout default not found". :( What's problem? What changed from 3.1.1 version to 3.1.4 what get this problem?

Under administrator page if click to Button maker, then I get same message.

Hello,

Had, similar problems this morning, cleaned browers cache and all ok.
BTW had to also this error before:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentRaw::getHeadData() in /public_html/plugins/system/easyfrontendseo/easyfrontendseo.php on line 132

Hello naqpad,

This problem with incompatible to your easyfrontendseo plugin on line 132. Please check your plugin for solution!

But I cannot found a solution for 500 error... Please help, may 3.1.4 website RSS not working now.

Here is a great examples what you need for a migration J3.x versions, check it for greater compatible:
http://techjoomla.com/joomla-development/joomla-30-conversion-changes-needed-when-converting-a-common-installable-package-for-joomla-15x-a-25x-to-joomla-30.html

But I cannot found a solution for 500 error... Please help, may 3.1.4 website RSS not working now.

No idea what it could be. You should restore a backup if possible. Also 500 errors has in lots of cases much to do with .htccess files...

Hmmm... not helped. I replace .htaccess file, bot not helped. A bug or changed anything from 3.1.1 to 3.1.4 what generate this error, but not found solution.
I attached my 302 version from this plugin (please check it!), with code changes, but not helped to me.:(

Link to this post 29 Jul 13

Joomla developers solved my problem!

Here is a patch for 3.1.4 version legacy.php, this fix my issue:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=727&t=811164

And I attached 301 version, what fixed from 30alpha, and working with this patch.
But this version not recoded to 3.1.x like 302, but working now! Need this plugin totally rewrite to 3.1.x new MVC model, but no time to me. :(

Link to this post 13 Oct 13

When will ninjaforge team update for Joomla 3. Come on.

Link to this post 16 Oct 13

Just an fyi, I have downloaded the 301 alpha version that was posted here, and it seems to work, but in my server error log, I am getting a ton of the below messages:

Undefined property: stdClass::$sectionid in /home2/zluthorg/public_html/components/com_ninjarsssyndicator/views/ninjarsssyndicator/tmpl/default.php on line 97

Thanks!

Jason708: check my 301 version, I hope will working on your site. :-)

mykee: not sure i know which one you are talking about. I have downloaded the one you posted called com_ninjarsssyndicator-301alpha.zip. Is this not the right one?

Thanks!

Ok, I see your problem, because sections dropped from J1.6 versions. Try this:

change this line in components/com_ninjarsssyndicator/views/ninjarsssyndicator/tmpl/default.php file :

$itemid		 = $itemids[$row->sectionid];	

To this:

$itemid		 = "";

I attached modded version, I hope this will work to you.

Link to this post 17 Oct 13

I updated that file, and it seems to have stopped the errors.

Thanks

Link to this post 23 Nov 13

Thanks, mykee, for the tweaked package. I successfully installed that under 3.2, and it works as expected (for me). Minor typo in admin/controller.php (on the admin menu, "Button" was misspelled "Botton"). Fixed package, attached (Mark, please advise if you would prefer a diff when submitting changes).

Meanwhile, what I can't seem to get working (though admittedly, I haven't looked closely at the code) is the RSS Strip Plugin Tags plugin with this under Joomla 3.2. If I enable Strip Plugin Tags, I get a blank feed. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm using version 1.2.0 of RSS Strip Plugin Tags.

Thanks!

Link to this post 29 Nov 13

Some excellent work here, guys. I've really dropped the ball recently (having to focus on work that keeps food on the table), but I'm really glad you guys are contributing to keep the project alive.

@LewisR No need for diffs, thanks. I'm still a little snowed under, but will update the official package and release a new version next week.

BTW if you're on github, you could always make pull requests at https://github.com/NinjaForge/Ninja-RSS-Syndicator

Have a great weekend :)

Link to this post 12 Dec 13

Hi,
Any update on the J3 compatible of Ninja RSS Syndicator?
Thanks.
Xav.

Link to this post 28 Jan 14

Thanks Mark for newer version, this seems working on my 3.2.1 version. Many thanks!

Link to this post 28 Jan 14

hey

im using com_ninjarsssyndicator-301alpha-modded2 with Joomla 3.2.1. It's working fine after the change of the mentioned line from the article My feed shows the MODIFIED DATE and not the CREATED DATE. Where can I change this setting? I have to change this, because I need the RSS-Feed for our Facebook-Page and after each little change of the Joomla-Article there is a new post on our Facebook-Page and this looks not very good.

thanks in advance
fabi

Link to this post 29 Jan 14

How can I download the Joomla 3.2 version?

Thanks!

fabi78 and Jason708: check Mark's links on github, this working to me. How to use:
- click to this link: https://github.com/NinjaForge/Ninja-RSS-Syndicator
- Find Download ZIP on right side and download it
- after download unpack J30/code folder to an empty folder
- pack again to zip this contents (all files and folder what include "code")
- install it!

I attached Mark's latest version from github and repacked to 3.2.1, test it!

Fabi78: if you need create date then check "order by" options under settings. I find this in code for view:
- site/models/ninjarsssyndicator.php on lines 101
- site/views/ninjarsssyndicator/view.html.php on line 33

and find this to admin site:
- admin/models/config.php on line 56
- admin/views/config/view.html.php from line 38 (this will show on admin window)

I see this parameter will show to you on admin site under configuration, and can change it. Or install Mark's version. :-)

hi mykee,
thanks for your answer. I can change the order (creaded date descending,...), but this is not what i wand.

My RSS-Feed http://www.obsteigaktuell.info/index.php?option=com_ninjarsssyndicator&feed_id=1&format=raw shows the MODIFIED DATE under the heading
e.g. Kameradschaftsabend 2014 der FF-Obsteig
2014-01-28 19:19:46 = Modified Date

If I have a look at the settings in Joomla of the mentioned article.
Created Date and Start Publishing is 2014-01-27 15:49:15.
I need the created date or start publishing instead of the modified date on the RSS-Feeds.

thanks in advance

Link to this post 10 Sep 14

Thanks, Mark! Works like a charm on Joomla 3.3.1. :) There will be an official version for Joomla 3 on JED?

Link to this post 25 Sep 14

HI All.

Thank you all for the work regarding the Rss Syndication for Joomla 3.

I am a complete noob when it comes to coding and joomla but i need to set up the Rss feed from my website to communicate with my clients.

I am able to install the component and run it. The only problem I have is with the ordering of the articles. It only shows the articles from the oldest to the newest. I have tried all the settings but it stays the same? Am I doing something wrong.

Is there any other free extension that will be able to do the same on my Joomla 3.4 website

Thank you all in advance

Link to this post 03 Jan 15

Does anyone have a solution for the problem described in http://ninjaforge.com/component/ninjaboard/topic/27317-ninja-rss-for-joomla-3-install-zip-attached

Would be great as I am facing this one too - using joomla 3.3.6

Link to this post 13 Apr 15

I have created a pull request on GitHub to fix several errors, also the one "Undefined property: stdClass::$msg_sectcat". You can find the pull request here that shows you the changes I suggest to be made: https://github.com/NinjaForge/Ninja-RSS-Syndicator/pull/11

For the mentioned error just change the two files view.html.php and view.raw.php: Delete the offending lines - I am quite sure they are not needed and are relicts from the old Joomla 1.5 sections.

Link to this post 16 Sep 15

I use Ninja RSS for Joomla 3. Until 2 days ago, everything worked great. But... after Joomla 3.4.4 the feed is broken and looks like this: http://www.feroviarul.ro/component/com_ninjarsssyndicator/feed_id,1/format,raw/
Any idea? Any help?
Thank you.

Link to this post 10 Oct 15

I just installed the version posted by mykee (Ninja-RSS-Syndicator-30.zip ) above, into a newly migrated 3.4.4 site and it seems to work fine. I installed it over the old 2.5.x version. Thanks!

Link to this post 05 Apr 16

Hi Mark,

I hope you are in good health.

I started this thread more than three years ago.
It seems Joomla community has been expecting the new version of Ninja RSS Syndicator with 16600 view.
Now with J!3.5 attached version above became unserviceable.

If you plan to launch the next version many people will be happy.

Best regards.

Edit: I don't know whether it works or not, but I invite each of thousands of people desiring a solution to vote at
http://ideas.joomla.org/forums/84261-joomla-idea-pool/suggestions/1254581-better-rss-feed-management

Forums Ninja RSS Syndicator J3.0 compatible version