Forgot?

Override Joomla Core "index.php?format=feed&type=atom"

Reply Topic
Link to this post 07 Sep 12

Hello,

I am hoping that you can help. I am stressed and have been trying to figure out how to resolve an issue that has been plaguing me for days.

First, I use ninjaRSS and it works exactly as it should - however Joomla on the other hand is not.

my problem is that without any available link to the url "index.php?format=feed&type=atom" visitors to my site can still access this url when I really want them directed to "index.php?option=com_ninjarsssyndicator&feed_id=1&format=raw"

do you know of or can you point me in the direction of a way I can completely remove/disbale the url "index.php?format=feed&type=atom"?

I have tried redirecting via the .htaccess file - I have also tried creating a 301 redirect via AceSEF - and neither work.

in respect to the .htaccess it could be that I did not use the correct code - so any help or example would help

in respect to why AceSEF doesnt work is beyond me - it may be that it is related to my template.

I'd strip out code - but have no idea what code to look for exactly.

Would someone be kind enough to provide some guidence?

Hi x123322,

I'm not able to solve this as it's not a particular Ninja RSS issue.
But I will try to help you to point you in some direction.

Try to manage URL redirects or customizations in the settings of AceSEF.
I think it's not possible to completely remove an URL. But instead you can customize or generate custom URLs manually in the settings of AceSEF.

Try also clear the URL cache (or similar) within the settings of AceSEF, if available.

If I'm correct, you have the possibility to rename an URL so that it represents an SEF-like URL.
This way your visitors are represented with the custom URL and redirected to the original URL.

If this doesn't work, maybe a better method is to exclude Ninja RSS from AceSEF.
This way Ninja RSS presents its own full URL which does not redirect to URLs generated by AceSEF.

As a last resort you may want to contact the support team at AceSEF and ask hem what to do.

I'm sorry, I can't provide more info or suggestions as the above because I'm not that familiar with AceSEF.

I hope this helps.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
John

Thanks for the reply John...

I have attempted what you described above - without any success

Could you hint at what the code would be that generates the url "index.php?format=feed&type=atom" or where the code is that is responsible for generating the feed contents that appears on "index.php?format=feed&type=atom"

OR

How I could tell the feed to include all articles not just the articles marked "front page"

I appreciate any input you may be able to provide

Hi x123322,

It's not that simple to point you to specific code and would rather not to because the function to generate an feed link is not done by just a piece of code but more likely done by several pieces spread throughout the component.

However, I can gladly help you with your second request:

- Choose to edit a feed or create a new feed from the Ninja RSS admin pages under Feeds.
- In the settings of the feed set "Frontpage Items Only?" to "All Items"
- Set "Include or Exclude Categories?" to "Include Selected Categories"
- Set "Selected Categories" to "No Selection"

These settings should show all articles present in the Article Manager, except for the unpublished ones.

I hope this helps.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
John

Thanks John,

I appreciate your help and I am grateful for the fact that NinjaRSS works perfectly and is very intuitive - I have exactly what you described accomplished.

However... my problem is that the Joomla's core RSS features just wont show any content unless it's marked to appear on the frontpage. I specifically installed ninjaRSS because Joomla's core RSS is terrible.

But thats my problem - before installing ninjaRSS I had the joomla core feed submitted all over the place - So I either need to redirect the url or make it work so that it shows all articles like ninjaRSS does.

I was hoping to find the part of the core code that tells the feed to show ONLY frontpage items and change that to shall ALL

any idea where I could find that code?

Hi x123322,

I see what you mean.
Give me some time to try to figure this out.
I will let you know if I find something useful.

Kind regards,
John

Thanks John

anything you could dig up would be a HUGE help

Thanks again

Hi John,

any luck finding any insight? I have been literally searching all day - no rush or anything - dont mean to be pesky - but I am seriously ready to jump off a bridge

you would think this would be easy to resolve - but I have been at it for 4 days now

I'm just hoping I can get a crumb of insight

Link to this post 08 Sep 12

Hi,

I'm on it as soon as possible.
Also, I've called in the help from Mark.

Please, give us some time to inspect.
We will let you know if we find something useful.

Kind regards,
John

Link to this post 08 Sep 12

Thanks John,

I'll be patiently standing by and continuing to try to resolve my issue.

thanks again for your help

Link to this post 20 Sep 12

Hi x123322,

I was getting back at your problem last past days and try to found out the cause.
I think it's too complicated to search through the code.

But why don't you just disable the Feed support in Joomla 2.5? And then use Ninja RSS to produce RSS Feeds. I think this will solve the problem for a big part.

To disable Joomla's Rss Feed support:

From the menubar in the backend browse to content > Article Manager > Options (button upper-right corner) > Integration (tab) > set Show Feed Link to Hide.

The feed support from joomla is now disabled, note that his is a global setting for the articles.
You have to check per article setting if this feature is set to either Hide or Use Global/Default.
Again, you can find this option under Integration from the article's parameter settings on the right.

I hope this is what you are after at.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
John

Link to this post 05 Mar 18

That company is very much famous in making machinery items like they can made things and export it. Also by making account on speedyessay reviews we can buy any item online.

Forums Ninja RSS Syndicator Override Joomla Core "index.php?format=feed&type=atom"