Forgot?

Ninja Simle Icon Module Problem

Reply Topic
Link to this post 04 Sep 12

Hello,
First of all, you have done great work, I find your extension very usefull.
I would like to ask how it can be possible to put some mouseover effect in the letters.I want it to appear as it is on your demo page http://ninjaforge.com/joomla15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124&Itemid=94 , where "Icon one", "Icon two" etc are changing color.
How can I do that?

Link to this post 04 Sep 12

Hi Cost8,

Thanks for your kind words and interests.

The link-text effect you are referring to is usual produced by CSS or Javascript (or both).
These effects are included in certain templates, so It depends on what kind of (quality) template you use which offer you more rich styling for your site.

However, there are templates which offer poor styling and may not have included such effects.

In any case, if you are familiar with CSS then you can add the effect to your template yourself.

Look for the template.css or style.css or similar file in /templates/your_template/css/.

Add the following CSS (effects all links within your site):

a:link { color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { color: #666666 !important; text-decoration: none; }
a:visited { color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; }

Note that this is a simple sample of CSS.
You can change colors and behaviors to whatever that suit your needs.
There are many and more complex ways to achieve similar effects by applying CSS methods or Javascript methods.

For more info about this subject, check out this site.

If you don't feel like doing it yourself then you could consider to change to a different template which includes the visual effects.

You can find some fine templates with rich styling here:

RocketTheme
YooTheme

Of course there are many other Joomla template manufacturers, these are some of the most wanted.

I hope this helps to improve Ninja Simple Icon Menu.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
John

Link to this post 13 Sep 12

Thank you for your detailed answer. It was really helpfull from you. :)

Link to this post 19 Sep 12

Hi Cost8,

No problem :)
I hope it helped you out.

Kind regards,
John

Forums Ninja Simple Icon Menu Ninja Simle Icon Module Problem