Forgot?

Disabled koowa system plugin and it took my site down completely.

Reply Topic
Link to this post 12 May 11

I disabled koowa system plugin and it took my site down completely.

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

What can I do now?

Hi honorhart,

You will need to use FTP or your web hosting control panels file manager to rename this file:

YOUR_JOOMLA_ROOT/plugins/system/koowa.php

Name it koowa1.php and see if your site starts working again.

Let us know how it turns out. If it still doesn't work, tell us if you have access to your admin panel. Tell us if you have access to your php error logs. If you do, post the last error message here.

I trhought that renaming of koowa.php issue was supposed to be fixed by now. I am using RC8 and this thread says it was fixed in RC7
http://ninjaforge.com/forum/topic/22704-problem-with-ninjaboard-uninstall/22706#p22706

No matter. My web host fixed the problem by re-enabling the plugin through the phpadmin interface ( should have thought of that myself).

But, this is kind of a big deal when a simple disable of a plugin takes down a whole website.

The main reason I disabled the koowa plugin is because ninjaboard conflicts with the jomcalendar extension.

koowa requires msqli database and jomcalander only functions with msql database as set in the joomla configuration panel.

Bummer, now I have t see if I can get the jomcalendar people to recode their script to work with ninjaboard.

If not and I have to uninstall ninjaboard, I am going to be really concerned and will have to come back here to post the question or search the forum on how to uninstall ninjaboard 1.0.8 so as not to take down my whole website.

Thanks for your help on this matter.

Link to this post 14 May 11

Hey honorhart!

The same just happened to me!!! And you right by saying:
"But, this is kind of a big deal when a simple disable of a plugin takes down a whole website."

Thanks to your post I can breathe again...i re-named the koowa.php to koowa1.php and everything was fine after 1 hour of panicking:)

Thanks for posting!
JoomlaNewbie

Forums NinjaBoard Disabled koowa system plugin and it took my site down completely.