Forgot?

3 hours, and still cannot install NInja Clicky on my Joomla site

Reply Topic
Link to this post 09 May 11

I downloaded Ninja Clicky from you'all. Then I went to the xtensions mgr install on my site's joomla admin. I used each one of the possibilities for installing, and none of them worked. I looked all over for instructions, and can't find any.
Error msgs include:

Remote Server connection failed, failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
Invalid URL

or:

Unknown Archive Type

When I browse for the downloaded file, I find the folder, then the installer says OPEN. I have to click on that, and then there are these files, only one of which are you able to select at once. I have selected each of them, and none of them are correct.

mod_ninja_clicky.xml
language
media
index.html
mod_ninja_clicky.php
LICENSE.txt

I really don't get it. Trying not to bother you'all, but I just don't know how to do this.
Thanks a lot.
Reno

Hi Reno3713,

I'm not sure if I understand you well.

Do mean that you unzipped the Ninja Clicky package and try to install the unzipped files?

If so then this is not the way how to install an extension.
When you go to the Joomla installer you simply have to install the zip file by choosing only the zip file.

Regarding the error, this is probably caused by the Joomla installer. I think it's not an error caused by Ninj Clicky.
May be it could be an upload problem when trying to install from the installer.
You may check if your FTP settings within the Global Configuration settings are correct or try to install with the FTP settings disabled.

I've attached some screenshots to support the Ninja Clicky installation.

I hope this helps, if you've further questions let us know.

Kind Regards,
John

You don't have access to view the attachments in this post.

Thanks a lot, John. I didn't know I was not supposed to unzip the file. It'd be great if the Ninja Forge people actually spelled that out. Usually you have to unzip stuff before you use it.
Plus, the directions about how to find the site i.d. are not quite correct.
But, I'm hoping I've completed all the set up tasks now.
Thanks again.
reno

You're welcome Reno.
Great to hear it helped you out.

Just for your information, almost every Joomla extension needs to be installed this way.
That's a common thing regarding the way Joomla cms works and is based on.

If you've further questions in the future don't hesitate to ask ;)

Cheers,
John

Thanks so much, John.
Of course, now I'm having a hard time locating the stats page. Where do I go to find them?
OY.
Peace and thanks again,
reno

Hi Reno,

Just disable 'invisible mode' within the Ninja Clicky's setttings on the right and choose an existing and proper module position on the left.
Make sure you've enabled the Ninjka Clicky Module on all pages.

Go to your front-end (frontpage or homepage) and click on the orange/grey badge that says 'clicky stats'.
If everything went alright then you get redirected to Get Clicky dot com.
There you will see an overview of the activity on your homepage (if logged in).

See attachments for support.

I hope it helps, let us know how it goes.

Greets,
John

You don't have access to view the attachments in this post.
Forums Ninja Clicky 3 hours, and still cannot install NInja Clicky on my Joomla site