Forgot?

500- Error on feed button.

Reply Topic
Link to this post 18 Apr 11

Hello. We installed the Syndicator, and when we click on the new RSS button or the feed URL, we get this error, "500 - No valid database connection:You have an error in your SQL syntax"

Can someone please help us understand how to correct this? Thank you.

Link to this post 19 Apr 11

Hi Joe,

Did you get any errors when you initially installed Ninja RSS Syndicator? Do you get any errors when you create a feed in the Ninja RSS Syndicator admin panel?

Thanks,
Mark

Hello, Mark.

thank you for your response. No, it installed without any problems. We have created a feed, and we didn't get any errors. We can see the admin panel- that's where we see dashboard, feeds, button maker, and default settings, correct? By the way, the site is joomla.burnyourtodolist.com if you want to see the error when you click on the RSS button.

thanks again.

Joe

Hi Joe,

That's a strange URL. Did you create a menu item to Ninja RSS Syndicator?
If so, please delete it and see if that fixes the issue.

As you can see here, the real URL works fine:
http://joomla.burnyourtodolist.com/index.php?option=com_ninjarsssyndicator&feed_id=3

You cannot create a SEF URL to Ninja RSS Syndicator with the current stable version.

Cheers,
Mark

Ah, the JoomSEF url's...

I went to the JoomSEF url manager, and disabled automatic url's on two url's called "RSS". This option is supposed to do this: "Don't SEF. Real url will be shown". It didn't work, the 500 error message is still there. We have other pages named rss/article-name too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

JoomSEF should have an option to exclude specific components. Try that.

Getting closer...

JoomSEF Extensions Manager shows me that Installed SEF Extensions include something called NewsFeeds, with the active handler "JoomSEF Extension" selected.

Then, Components without SEF Extension installed includes Ninja RSS Syndicator, with several options for Active Handler. I clicked on Active Handler item until it read "Not Using SEF", and then refreshed the home page, and amazingly, IT WORKED!!!

Thank you very much!!

One further question: We want to our feed items to scroll in the area that now displays the RSS button. Does Ninja have a 'read' option that we can activate to scroll our items? Or do we use a joomla reader?

Thanks again.

Joe

I'm glad it's solved, Joe.

I believe there is a core Joomla RSS module that might work for you. Otherwise, you can find many on the JED:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/rss-readers

Cheers,
Mark

Thank you again, Mark.

You helped a great deal. I can't wait to start using your product.

Best regards,

Joe

Happy to help Joe :)

Please consider posting a review of Ninja RSS Syndicator if you have a few spare minutes at some point:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content-sharing/rss-syndicate/6392

Have a great day!
Mark

Link to this post 27 Mar 18

The button of the feed has been pushed for the success of the children. I seriously need someone to write my essay for the completion of the goals and opportunities of the schools for the success in life.

Forums Ninja RSS Syndicator 500- Error on feed button.