Reply Topic
Link to this post 05 Mar 11

I just installed ninja Xplorer and I edited a css file and it won't let me save
the file it just hangs .
VRY6

Link to this post 06 Mar 11

Hi VRY6,

Is this a template CSS file?

If so, did you try editing with the Joomla CSS editor? Did that work?

Cheers,
Mark

Link to this post 06 Mar 11

yes that worked but not in ninja
vry6

Link to this post 07 Mar 11

hmm...

Could you please tell me how many lines there are in that file?

Thanks
Mark

This is all, its the custom.css file

div.module div.gallery {
margin: 15px auto 5px auto;
width: 600px;
}
#menu a.level1 span.bg, #menu span.level1 span.bg {
color: #000000;
font-weight: bold;
}
div.mod-black ul.menu span.bg {
font-weight: bold;
}
VRY6

Hi VRY6

could you tell me what browser you are using, and whether it hangs on other files or just css files.

are you getting any warnings/errors from the browser

Richie

Hi Richie
I am using Chrome and it hangs on all files .

and I am not getting any warnings/errors from the browser.

it lets me close not reset or save.

VRY6

Link to this post 28 Mar 11

Hello,

I have faced a problem with ninjaxplorer with linux shared host server.

Where ninjaxplorer not able to save file after edit. Means save button not working.

What have to do for enabling 'save' button?

Can you help me anybody? Your help really appricate.

thanks

Link to this post 28 Mar 11

Hi G.M.A

are you in chrome too?

Richie

Link to this post 30 Jun 11

So the problem seems to be that the extension doesn't work in all browsers. In Chrome, IE 7 and 8, Safari 5.05 and Opera 11.1-11.5 you you can click on the buttons, but they don't seem to perform any action ( except for the close button which always seems to work - what's different about it?). IE 9 has the same problems, but does something REALLY weird where all the line breaks disappear except for two lines.

So what's the good news? The extension seems to work perfectly in Firefox 4 and 5 (I didn't have v3.5 to test against). If anyone's wanting to use this extension and is encountering problems, I'd try using FireFox and seeing if it works for you.

Because this is a really powerful extension, as a fellow developer, I really want to encourage you guys (Ninja) to do more browser testing with your extensions before publishing them. I'd love to use Ninja Xplorer over eXtplorer because your interface kicks eXtplorer out of the water, but I do 90% of my development in Chrome and have to test most of my websites against old versions of IE where my client base is.

Thanks for making an awesome product, but please get those buttons fixed across all the browsers. I want to use and recommend your products!

Link to this post 30 Jun 11

Hi RexB,

Thanks for using NinjaXplorer; We're glad you like it.

I really want to encourage you guys (Ninja) to do more browser testing with your extensions before publishing them.

I should clarify that when NinjaXplorer was last released, it worked fine in all the modern browsers (FF, Chrome, Opera). I don't think we tested it in IE7, but yours is the first report of it not working in that browser.

We have known for some months now that editing/saving files (at least) doesn't work in Webkit based browsers. However, we have not and will not commit to further development of the current version of NinjaXplorer. This is because we have begun work on NinjaXplorer 2.0, which will take the extension into Joomla 1.6 and beyond.

The development of NinjaXplorer 2 is not the most high-priority project we have running, so it will be a few months before it is ready, but when it finally arrives, we're sure you will love it :)

Thanks for the feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to give it.

Kind regards,
Mark

Forums Joomla Extension Support Ninja Xplorer Unable to save after edit