Forgot?

Update: Ninjaboard 1.0 Alpha2 available

Reply Topic
Link to this post 01 Feb 10

You cannot install the 1.0 alpha on a site with Ninjaboard 0.5 running.

We're working on a migration script that'll be finished the next coming days. Until then please testdrive Ninjaboard on vanilla installs.

Also, this release is feature incomplete, so if anything is missing. It's likely on the way ;)

We're very excited about this release, and we have an upcoming blogpost early tomorrow that will fill you in on what's new in 1.0.

It's 3am in the morning here, so I'm exhausted :whistle:

But here's the zip, now go test it and tell us what you think :)

UPDATED: Alpha2 now ready. New permissions system, lots of bugfixes.
[file name=com_ninjaboard_v1.0.0Alpha2_rev248.tar size=3670016]http://files.me.com/stipsan/l5p9jb[/file]

Link to this post 03 Feb 10

I was about to come complain about it not being out yet! I'll be installing it right away!

EDIT: BUG: Just installed and I can't make a menu item that links to a specific board. I have the option, but when I click the menu item on the front end, it just takes me to index.php. This is the feature that I wanted to upgrade for. Just my luck :P Everything else looks fantastic and clean though.

EDIT 2: Actually, the front end does not work at all.

Link to this post 03 Feb 10

Most likely it's the acl that's configured too strict.
Since the acl user groups in NB is user defined, we're still working on a way that allow us to make the preset configurations smarter.

Easiest way to find that out is if you login on the frontend with your super admin account, and see if it works then :)

Link to this post 04 Feb 10

Thanks for the reply, but no joy.

Is there an ETA for a new version (beta or otherwise)? As you can tell I am very anxious for it XD

Link to this post 04 Feb 10

Tomorrow :)
Not beta, but Alpha2.

Link to this post 05 Feb 10

Cool I'll test this locally. If it's good and you can pull together a ~stable/RC in the next month or two it might become the forum of choice for a high-profile professional Joomla web developers' site re-launching soon. ;-)

EDIT: is there somewhere we should report bugs/ TODO's?

When I went to Joomla's config:

Fatal error: Class 'KRequest' not found in /var/www/html/ninja/plugins/system/ninja.php on line 46
Change to
$name = str_replace('com_','',JRequest::getCMD('option');?

Also:

Koowa plugin requires MySQLi Database Driver. Please change your database configuration settings to 'mysqli'

99% of Joomla installations don't have this although it is easy for most to enable...

Link to this post 05 Feb 10

Hehe, now it goes without saying that the more people using Ninjaboard, the better :)
We currently don't have an estimate for RC, other than the original plan of following the Nooku Framework roadmap.

So while Ninjaboard might grow stable before Nooku fw does (we're using 0.7, which is scheduled for Q1 2010), but we wont call it RC or stable before Nooku fw is.

So since it's still feature incomplete, if there's any specific feature that's important to you, don't hesitate to tell us all about it!
It might make it into this release ;)

Link to this post 06 Feb 10

bluflame90 wrote:

Also:
Koowa plugin requires MySQLi Database Driver. Please change your database configuration settings to 'mysqli'

99% of Joomla installations don't have this although it is easy for most to enable...

Thank you very much for your input.

Good point, indeed. Since the mysqli driver is fully backwards compatible to the mysql driver, I will do some testing if it does make sense to automatically enable it on installation.

I will then give my feedback to Stian and the Koowa list.

Best Regards
Uwe

For bug reports just use this forum, but preferably not this thread :)

Did you enable the ninja plugin before the koowa plugin?

In any case, you don't have to enable the koowa or ninja plugin manually, neither mysqli.
Visit the Ninjaboard dashboard and it'll let you auto enable mysqli, and auto enable the plugins :)

We do not auto enable any of this during installation. But several users have requested our installer to give a link to the dashboard, where everything is taken care of for you :)

As for MySQLi, j!1.5 have support for it built in from the start, it's just not there by default.
So we made a wizard for that, but again, it's not present during install to avoid script execution timeouts as much as possible.

Ah, ok. Did not notice that, because on *all* my installs I enable the mysqli driver by default. :D

You might, most people, and way too many devs, don't even know what MySQLi is ;)

Link to this post 07 Feb 10

Did you forget the download link? XD

n0ah wrote:

Did you forget the download link? XD

Link added ;)

I get a 500 error when I try access the board on the front end. I did a fresh install and I got a "you do not have permission to view this board" message, which is the most I've seen yet! :D But then I added a forum, set the usergroup permission level thing to "on" and added a usergroup. Now when I try access the board index from the front end it just redirects me back to index.php. Just to be clear, I have not been able to see the forum or board index, or any other part of the Ninjaboard on the front end yet, with either alpha 1 or 2, and on any of my sites. Also, I get a 500 error when I try access the "Users" settings on the backend.

Don't be discouraged though, I am still very keen on ninjaboard! :D

EDIT: Oh, but if I sign out on the front end I get the "You don't have the permissions to browse forums" message again, but when I'm signed in I don't see it. So permissions does appear to be the problem, but I can't access the Users menu.

Link to this post 08 Feb 10

Hi n0ah,
I've updated the tar with a newer build of the alpha2 package, that should solve this issue.
However we made a change in some names so you'll have to open each user group and save them once more for the tables to update correctly, so you get permissions to browse the frontend :)

The users 500 issue is also fixed.

Link to this post 12 Feb 10

Stian wrote:

You might, most people, and way too many devs, don't even know what MySQLi is ;)

so in short what is mysqli? i notice that whne installing nb all nb tables are Inodb thats great, then also all new table created seem to be created with innodb as the storage engine. is that it or is there more to it?

Link to this post 12 Feb 10

vanillacustard wrote:

so in short what is mysqli?

This is the shortest and best summary I've read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQLi

Link to this post 27 Feb 10

When i try to upload this to a new fresh clean site before i do it to my running site i get a server error during upload...any ideas? wont even upload. ninja .5 did on another site i run just fine

Link to this post 14 Mar 10

I tryed to install the new V1 but it gave me an error. So I've uninstalled the V0,5 and still not working with the same error : :S

* JInstaller::install: Erreur SQL. DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'pst.created_user_id' in 'field list' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW jos_ninjaboard_view_forums AS SELECT f.*, `pst`.`subject`, `pst`.`created_user_id`, IF(usr.username, usr.username, 'Anonymous') as last_post_username, `pst`.`created_time` AS `last_post_date`, `pst`.`ninjaboard_topic_id` AS `last_topic_id` FROM jos_ninjaboard_forums AS f LEFT JOIN `jos_ninjaboard_posts` AS `pst` ON `pst`.`ninjaboard_post_id` = f.`last_post_id` LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `usr` ON `usr`.`id` = `pst`.`created_user_id`;
SQL =

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW jos_ninjaboard_view_forums AS
SELECT f.*,
`pst`.`subject`,
`pst`.`created_user_id`,
IF(usr.username, usr.username, 'Anonymous') as last_post_username,
`pst`.`created_time` AS `last_post_date`,
`pst`.`ninjaboard_topic_id` AS `last_topic_id`
FROM jos_ninjaboard_forums AS f
LEFT JOIN `jos_ninjaboard_posts` AS `pst` ON `pst`.`ninjaboard_post_id` = f.`last_post_id`
LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `usr` ON `usr`.`id` = `pst`.`created_user_id`;

* Composant Installation: Erreur SQL ou fichier sql absent ou illisible. DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'pst.created_user_id' in 'field list' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW jos_ninjaboard_view_forums AS SELECT f.*, `pst`.`subject`, `pst`.`created_user_id`, IF(usr.username, usr.username, 'Anonymous') as last_post_username, `pst`.`created_time` AS `last_post_date`, `pst`.`ninjaboard_topic_id` AS `last_topic_id` FROM jos_ninjaboard_forums AS f LEFT JOIN `jos_ninjaboard_posts` AS `pst` ON `pst`.`ninjaboard_post_id` = f.`last_post_id` LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `usr` ON `usr`.`id` = `pst`.`created_user_id`;
SQL =

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW jos_ninjaboard_view_forums AS
SELECT f.*,
`pst`.`subject`,
`pst`.`created_user_id`,
IF(usr.username, usr.username, 'Anonymous') as last_post_username,
`pst`.`created_time` AS `last_post_date`,
`pst`.`ninjaboard_topic_id` AS `last_topic_id`
FROM jos_ninjaboard_forums AS f
LEFT JOIN `jos_ninjaboard_posts` AS `pst` ON `pst`.`ninjaboard_post_id` = f.`last_post_id`
LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS `usr` ON `usr`.`id` = `pst`.`created_user_id`;

What can I do ? Help !

Hey thanks for the report.
We are currently working on a fix, I'll notify you when it's fixed.
Shouldn't take longer than a couple of hours ;)

Thx, you're very fast. I installed back the old version 0.5, and it works again and kept all my old settings, so I'm pretty happy for now.
Let me know when I will be able to upload the V1 without risk.

Really good work ! Keep the fire !

Great to hear :)
Btw, could you tell me what version of MySQL and PHP you're running?
Just so I can check if I've possibly been doing something in my SQL scripts that isn't supported in older MySQL versions than on my dev server :)

MySQL 5-2 and PHP 5

ok, same as me.
I've been able to reproduce it, and just found a fix.
If I may get technical, it's due to the table views relying on the 1.0 table structure.
And the 1.0 table isn't made until after the sql script is run.
So I'm disabling the table views for now, until our install script are smarter.

The table views isn't much used anyway at this point, so you wont notice any difference, other than that it'll be installable over a 0.5 install again of course :)

Updated the package with the bugfix, so redownload and it should install correctly without errors.

The migration script isn't 100% complete yet. So because of that 1.0 is taking a complete backup of all your 0.5 data and storing it in an backups folder that's untouched in install upgrades.

Doing that will allow us to upgrade the migration script over the next weeks, and then ultimately you'll have all your 0.5 data fully migrated :)

Also for future reference, can you post other bugs you find, in separate threads? We create tickets for each bug, and if you create separate threads, we can link to the thread from the tickets.

That way it's easier to track the issue, and keep you posted on the progress ;)

Link to this post 25 Aug 10

hi!

the download link doesnt work. is it not current?

i tried the beta5 but there are a lot of bugs so i thought the 1.0alpha is the latest version to use.

what is the current ninjaboard version that runs well without or only with some little bugs?

thx

Link to this post 27 Aug 10

klauser wrote:

hi!
the download link doesnt work. is it not current?
i tried the beta5 but there are a lot of bugs so i thought the 1.0alpha is the latest version to use.
what is the current ninjaboard version that runs well without or only with some little bugs?
thx

Hi klauser,

What bugs are you experiencing?

The most stable version available are Beta5, Beta6 is coming in near future.
Alpha2 is actually the second public release of 1.0.
Beta5 are the 7th and latest public release.

I'm gonna unsticky and lock this thread to avoid any more confusion.

Please open a new thread with the bugs you are experiencing, so we can fix them in time for Beta6.

Thanks,
Stian

Forums Joomla Extension Support NinjaBoard Update: Ninjaboard 1.0 Alpha2 available