Forgot?

posix_getpwuid() has been disabled...

Reply Topic
Link to this post 25 Jan 10

Hi,

I get this message in all the boxes for 'Owner' - presumably this is something set by the hosting company.

Is there anyway round this (turning the message off, for example).

Many thanks,

Dave.

Link to this post 12 Aug 10

Hello,

I have this same message in all boxes.
Could this be a CHMOD issue?
I've set all folders, subfolders and files to CHMOD 777 and the message is still there.
I can't figure it out what this message means.

Here are some of the full messages (text between [ ] is private):

above the filelist (top of layout):

Warning: posix_geteuid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/user/domains/domainname.com/public_html/subdomain/administrator/components/com_ninjaxplorer/include/fun_list.php on line 612

Warning: posix_getegid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/user/domains/domainname.com/public_html/subdomain/administrator/components/com_ninjaxplorer/include/fun_list.php on line 613

File specific (in owner box/row):

Warning: posix_getgrgid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/user/domains/domainname.com/public_html/subdomain/administrator/components/com_ninjaxplorer/include/fun_list.php on line 309
(844) /
(845)

Warning: posix_getpwuid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/user/domains/domainname.com/public_html/subdomain/administrator/components/com_ninjaxplorer/include/fun_list.php on line 308

Please, some help or advise on this would be very welcome.
Thanks.

Kind regards,
John

Hi guys,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue.

As pointed out by David, this warning appears because your host has disabled a php function.

While there are probably workarounds that we could implement, NinjaXplorer (the project) is currently in hibernation mode and we don't intend to do any work on it this year that isn't absolutely necessary. Sorry about that.

BTW, warnings can usually be turned off. Have you turned off "Error Reporting" in Joomla Global Configuration?

Kind regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your responce.

So far I can see is Ninja Explorer working fine regarding the warning message.
Turning off error-report didn't had any effects.
Did a reinstall too, no effect.
Doesn't realy matter, though.
Still going to use Ninja Explorer anyway.
Because, i.m.o., it's a very handy component for Joomla.
We'll just have to wait in patience for the new version, I guess.:(
But that's worth the time.;)
Again, keep up the fine work and the kantana's razor sharp, Ninja's :ninja:

Kind regards,
John

Link to this post 13 Aug 10

Thanks John, we appreciate the kind words :)

Forums Joomla Extension Support Ninja Xplorer posix_getpwuid() has been disabled...