Forgot?

ninjaXplorer used old functions?

Reply Topic
Link to this post 08 Oct 09

Tonight I tested ninjaXplorer v1.0.2 on Joomla 1.5.15RC installation.

When I visit the ninjaXplorer page at backend, I got following messages:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in E:\xampp\htdocs\1515\administrator\components\com_ninjaxplorer\include\fun_extra.php on line 513

Does this mean that ninjaXplorer is not compatible with Joomla 1.5.15?

Thanks.

Hi baijianpeng,

Thanks for the heads-up, we'll have to replicate that before I can confirm whether this is indeed a NinjaXplorer issue.

What version of PHP do you have running on XAMPP?

My XAMPP version is 1.7.2, that means the PHP version is 5.3.0.

Thanks.

Hmmm... I thought that would be the case. Thanks, I'll pass this on to Richie for him to take a look at. Please let me know if you find this issue in any other of our extensions.

BTW did you have to introduce some workarounds to get Joomla to work, or have the Joomla team fixed all the PHP 5.3 issues?

I have not make enough tests on php 5.3.0 with Joomla 1.5.15RC, but it seems that till now, it works well.

Joomla team released v1.5.15RC to solve the php5.3 issue. I think they had accomplished that.

Link to this post 09 Oct 09

OK I opened it up to do a quick fix for that line (change ereg to preg_match), but discovered that the rest of the file is littered with more ereg and eregi functions... so I'll leave it for now and come back to it when I have a little more time.
Or maybe Richie will get to it first :)

Link to this post 09 Oct 09

this is not an issue with Joomla,

ereg() was deprecated in php 5.3.0 as can be seen here - http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/function.ereg.php

NinjaXplorer needs a complete overhaul - perhaps with Koowa/Napi :)

Link to this post 08 Jun 11

Hello,

Bump...

We're having the same issue. I have several accounts (20+) hosted at Rochen.com. Rochen Host just upgraded to PHP 5.3 on their hosted plan/servers, and all of my Joomla installations running 1.5.23 and the latest release of Ninja Explorer (1.0.6) are giving us the same errors when we open Ninja Explorer in the backend.

Example:
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/lakescou/public_html/administrator/components/com_ninjaxplorer/include/fun_extra.php on line 513

Repeated/Multiple lines like the above appear all saying the same thing, over and over. If you scroll through these messages towards the bottom Ninja Explorer appears.

Is there a recommended fix for this? Could I do a regx search and replace/change "ereg to preg_match"?
Is it just the "fun_extra.php" file, or are there others?

Can we continue to safely use Ninja Explorer and just ignore these messages until this is resolved? Or is this something that is going to be resolved. I thought Richie was working on something that was going to replace Ninja Explorer but I don't see anything listed. Unless I'm blind. Which could very well be the case. Tends to happen when you get over 160yrs old. :P

Do you recommend using a different file explorer. I've used "eXtplorer" but prefer Ninja Explorer as this is what our low level admins are used to as well.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm willing to do any testing on live accounts if you have a patch you want to try. Let me know if you need any further info.

Look forward to anyones reply. :D

Thanks,
JB

Link to this post 01 Nov 11

Ver. 1.0.6 Released 15 Mar 2011 fixed this issue.

http://ninjaforge.com/extensions/ninjaxplorer

Forums Joomla Extension Support Ninja Xplorer ninjaXplorer used old functions?