<item>
<title>
Aussie up on G20 statements
</title>
<link>
</link>
<description>
<![CDATA[
The Australian Dollar reaches the strongest levels this year as the Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (G-20) confirmed that economic incentives will continue to stimulate the world economy, increasing the attractiveness of higher-return assets such as the Aussie. <p><a href="*******">Read more...</a></p>
]]>
</description>
<author>
Administrator
</author>
<pubDate>
Thu, 09 Jul 2009 23:34:00 0000
</pubDate>
<guid>
</guid>
</item>
<item>
<title>
Loonie continues its rise on US positivism
</title>
<link>
</link>
<description>
<![CDATA[
With equities and commodities rising and resumed optimism among traders, the Canadian Dollar continued its rally at the end of this week%u2019s trading session. The Loonie also benefited from positive data from the US and Canada. The Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (G20) affirmed that the <p><a href="*******">Read more...</a></p>
]]>
</description>
<author>
Administrator
</author>
<pubDate>
Sat, 09 May 2009 22:12:00 0000
</pubDate>
<guid>
</guid>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>

The date and time is all wrong. In the Joomla backend, looking at the article the date and time is correct. On my news page, the date and time is correct as well.

The feed created with BCA RSS is all wrong. The article "Aussie up on G20 statements" is posted yesterday but it displays it as being posted in July. As you can seem it's not off by a few hours or a full day but more like 2 months. What makes it even weirder is the fact that the link does work. It goes to the right article with the right (SEF)URL.

Joomla Time Zone is set to: (UTC 00:00 ...) to make sure that doesn't cause any trouble.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to this post 11 Sep 09

**UPDATE**
I played around a bit with the language file en-GB.ini and the date time formatting. I got the date to be displayed correct now if I use %B or %b on some pages (frontpage, news page) but the time is off by 15 hours and a few days atm on the rss feed. If I use %m for the month every is off again by months...

I need a 2 digit representation of the month :dry:

Got it working for most articles now... so the whole date time format issues seems to be solved.

/Yay for me

But now it's some articles that don't have a date/time in the rss feed, the <pubDate> element is just missing. On the news page it is fine and in the backend the date and time are ok as well.

If I change the date time in the joomla backend from an article which has the date time missing on the rss feed. And I change it for example from "2009-08-31" to "2009-09-11" it works fine. Change it back to "2009-08-31" and the date time disappears again...

Link to this post 13 Sep 09

Hi Glimbeek,

I will take a look at the date formatting stuff. Wierd that it was out by a couple of months.

For the ones that disappear, does that date match any other date parameters for the article? e.g. publish up etc.

Link to this post 15 Sep 09

Cheers for the reply!!

To answer your question: Nope.
I'll give an example of 2 rows in the database of an article which has the time and date displayed correctly in the back-end and on the news page but wrong on the rss feed.

1)
What the date should be and how it is displayed on the news page: 08-31-2009 14:12
How the date is displayed in the rss feed: It's not...

Created: 2009-08-31 14:12:01
Modified: 2009-09-11 07:45:27
Checked_out_time: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
Publish_up: 1999-11-30 00:00:00
Publish_down: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

2)
What the date should be and how it is displayed on the news page: 08-11-2009 14:22
How the date is displayed in the rss feed: zondag 8 november 2009 22:22 (see how the date is november? That the day is written out fully isnt the problem, I'm ok with that.)

Created: 2009-08-11 14:22:00
Modified: 2009-09-09 12:33:40
Checked_out_time: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
Publish_up: 1999-11-30 00:00:00
Publish_down: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

The reason checked_out_time, publish_up/_down are all "weird" is because I imported the news from a none Joomla database to my Joomla database. I did this for all news, so that shouldn't be the reason why it's not working for some articles and it is for others.

**EDIT**
This is what my language file (en-GB.ini) is like now, so the date is displayed correctly on the news page: DATE_FORMAT_LC2=%m-%d-%Y %H:%M

**EDIT**
The thing that confuses me the most, is that if I change the date from a none working article to around the date of a working article the none working article "works". That is, it is displayed right on the news page, it is displayed wrong on the rss feed but good again on the frontpage of my page.

If you give me your IP I can add you to the .htaccess file so you can have a look.

Link to this post 15 Sep 09

I will do some testing with this sometime this week, I have a couple of other changes I want to do as well.

It sounds like the date format for the RSS feed is wrong. That it is reading the day as the month and the month as the day.

Link to this post 16 Sep 09

Looks like that, but that doesn't explain the not displaying the date at all. Unless there's some check that prevents it from "making up" a date if for instance the day's get above 12 AKA there's no month in the year to translate it too.

Link to this post 16 Sep 09

That would be my guess.

A month above 12 = invalid date = show nothing?

Link to this post 17 Sep 09

Are you using any language files other than English - on the front end

No both are default "# $Id: en-GB.ini 11391 2009-01-04 13:35:50Z ian $" aka the only language installed that comes with Joomla.

With the 1 change on line 11 as I wrote in an earlier post: "DATE_FORMAT_LC2=%m-%d-%Y %H:%M"

oh, i must have misread, you said you changed DATE_FORMAT_LC2?

DATE_FORMAT_LC2 is used to set the date format for the rss feed.

Can you try changing it again and see if it changes the dates in your feed and your news page?

This is the code used to set the dates for items in the feed:

$itemDate = JFactory::getDate(JHTML::_('date', $row->dsdate, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC2')));

yeah it does, if I use the default settings it's set to: DATE_FORMAT_LC2=%A, %d %B %Y %H:%M

The the news that displayed correctly still displayes correctly but instead of having Month Day Year I get Day Month Year, which if ofcourse makes sense looking at the formatting of the default settings. The news that didn't display the date and time correctly still doesn't display it correctly and with some the date time is still missing

Ok, I think I have it worked out.

Out of curiousity did you change the date format before or after those articles were created?

Can you download Ninja RSS 1.0.1 and try it out please?

That's a bit tricky, I changed the date before I transfer, during and after if that makes sense...

The site is a work in progress but the "old" version is up and running and updated daily.

I'll give Ninja RSS a try. Can I download it from this site (I assume I can) and do I need to do anything before I install it? Like uninstall BCA, remove tables from my DB?

Ninja RSS *is* BCA, it has been entrusted to us to continue development. So no you don't need to do anything.

Just download it, unzip the file, and install the component.

You don't even need to change the module.

Won't I get an error saying that the folder is already in use(the folder the extention install into)?

Id did but that was easily fixed, the news page and the rss feed page dates are fine now the time is still off. Could that be a Joomla setting or is that due to server time?

It seems there was something missing from the xml file for the component that allows it to install over a previous version.

can you try 1.0.1b please (note the b)

* JInstaller::install: File '/home/content/f/t/p/ftpal2s/html/gvltest/tmp/install_4ab2049897b57/install.bca-rss-syndicator.php' does not exist.
* Component Install: Could not copy PHP install file.

When I try to install com_ninjarss_1.0.1b.zip not doing anything else then install the file from the extension manager and browsing for the zip file com_ninjarss_1.0.1b.zip

It works fine for me.

I made some changes anyway that should hopefully fix the issue. Can you please try 1.0.1c

If this still get's an error, please email a super admin user / password to daniel@this site, and I will come over to your site and check it out.

I still get: Module Install: Another module is already using directory: "/home/content/f/t/p/ftpal2s/html/gvltest/modules/mod_bca-rss-syndicator"

When I try to install the module but that could because of the error earlier.
Easily fixed so I installed the C version, but the time is still wrong. I will mail you.

I said earlier you do not need to install the module. JUST the component.

Unzip the file and upload com_....

Link to this post 25 Sep 09

Hi,

I've got also a date problem with BCA RSS 1.0.1e.
The public date from the content is 22-09-2009 but in the RSS feed it's 01 january 1970. It looks like something goes wrong by getting info from the database and creating the feed.xml.

Maybe it goes wrong because i've a different default language then English, but it don't matter witch language file is set default.

The rss feed; http://www.idealisk.nl/index.php?option=com_bca-rss-syndicator&amp;feed_id=3

Thanks!

Laura

Hi Laura,

Can you please try the attached file.

I have spent many, many hours trying to fix the date issues. You might find that the dates are different in your RSS reader if it automatically applies your timezone to the date.

But the source for your feed should show the correct date.

oops perhaps I should actually attach it. [file name=com_ninjarss_101g.zip size=118509]http://ninjaforge.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/com_ninjarss_101g.zip[/file]

Link to this post 28 Sep 09

Daniel! It works, thank you very much!!

posted but I didnt?

Hmm

Anyway....

It seems to be working Daniel. Thank you for the great support, simply amazing!!

Great to hear!

p.s. dealing with dates and timeones is a nightmare.

Link to this post 05 Oct 09

Did this resolve the Issue???

If i dl com_ninjarss_101g.zip <-- and install, does it then work?

Im having exact same issue, with dates, that are all wrong in the feed. 1970! And so on.:(

Yup, last version works for me. B)

ps. the "g" version.

Daniel shouldn't update the download link? It still links to the e version in the "Extension Central"

hmm, Ive tried to install the file, posted here in the forum, probably the "E" version, and though it installed perfectly, It didnt change, the fact that all my Feeds are from 1970. 02.00 :) hehe

Where Can i find this "G" version?

danieldue wrote:

Where Can i find this "G" version?

1 page back... or here: http://ninjaforge.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/com_ninjarss_101g.zip

Link to this post 01 Jun 13

hi,

I'm also having the date appear as Jan 1, 1970... can I have access to the file that fixes this issue? Where do I throw it in?

thanks in advance.

Forums Ninja RSS Syndicator BCA RSS Syndicator date time